I am thrilled to have this opportunity to return to Mexico and teach this masterclass series in San Juan del Río, Qro.!
10 years ago I fell in love with this region in central México as we produced Puccini’s IL TABARRO with a Canadian/Mexican cast of singers and presented in the glorious Teatro de la República in the neighbouring city of Querétaro. Meeting and experiencing the beauty of the people, the culture, the history and geography was one of the great privileges I have enjoyed in my personal and professional life. I remain a fan and strongly encourage those that haven’t visited this part of Mexico to do so.
This masterclass series and Opera Performance workshop is a wonderful opportunity for the advanced singer or emerging professional singer to work new repertoire, hone their operatic audition or just to get away and enjoy 2 weeks of great music making in talented company in the beautiful setting in the center of Mexico.
Join me and you’ll understand why!
This program is in partnership with my studio’s Professional Artist Incubator Program.
Artists that have participated in various Artist Incubator Program workshops have directly acheived:
– Admittance (full performance scholarship – Graduate level) to McGill University, Conservatoire de Musique de Québec à Montréal, Unversité de Montréal, Royal Academy of Music (London, England), Britten-Pears School, Manhattan School of Music (New York, USA), Berkley School of Music (Boston, USA)
– 1st Prize winner of the Classical Singer International Singing Competition (New York, New York)
– Prize winners in competitions in Barcelona, Brataslava.
– Engagements for concert, opera and musical theatre in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Chicago, New York, Sarasota, London, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Budapest, Prague, Bratislava, Burgos (Bulgaria), Brasov (Romania), as well as Festival Juste Pour Rire, Cirque du Soleil, Shaw Festival.
Participation (limited to 12 singers):
Classes will be taught in Spanish and English
- This 2-week operatic workshop is open to advanced level singers and emerging professional singers (NO AGE LIMIT). This is an ideal opportunity to workshop new repertoire, fine-tune your operatic audition and participate in assigned ensemble scenes in preparation for the closing gala concert the evening of Friday, February 23, 2018.
- Monday to Friday each week, each singer will have a lesson/coaching daily PLUS a performance masterclass each evening.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume, headshot photo, bio and links to your video audition (Youtube or Vimeo) to email@example.com
There is no application fee.
Full cost, including tuition and accommodation (including 3 meals daily) is 9200,00 pesos MEX (approx., $620.00 CAD)
Participants are responsible for their own airfare and travel arrangements to and from San Juan del Río.
- Sunday February 11, 2018 – ARRIVE to San Juan del Río.
- Monday – Friday, February 12 – 16 & February 19 – 22, 2018
- 10am – 1pm: Individual Coachings
- 1pm – 2pm: LUNCH
- 2pm – 5pm: Individual Coachings
- 5:30pm – 7:30pm: Performance Masterclass (all participants)
- Special Events
- Friday February 16, 2018 6pm – 9pm: MASTERCLASS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
- Friday February 23, 2018 6pm: CLOSING GALA CONCERT
- Saturday February 24, 2018: Leave San Juan del Río.
- SPECIAL OUTING (sightseeing): Saturday – Sunday February 17, 18, 2018
- exploring various sights and cities around San Juan del Río. (ie: Tequisquiapan, Peña de Bernal, Querétaro, Sierra Gorda mountains, etc.)
- Sunday – visit to San Miguel de Allende
- Please note: the cost of these excursions are not included in the course tuition/accommodation fees charged. You are responsible for the cost of your participation on these excursions. That said, the anticipated cost is very reasonable, suggested budget for the weekend around $100-$150 CAD should cover very comfortably transportation, food and souvenirs.
How to get to San Juan del Río…