The Artist Incubator offers several programs per season, ranging from concert presentations of operatic, song and chamber repertoire, to full Opera Workshops mentored by a faculty of great international renown, as well as a masterclass series. Some of these programs are tuition-free, some offer an honorarium/performance while for others, there is a tuition fee to help defray the production costs and faculty fees.
The Artist Incubator Program can also be project specific (determined by the artist) and is uniquely tailored to the needs of each artist.
The structure is as follows:
1. The duration of the program is a minimum of 8 weeks.
2. The artist(s) will receive a minimum of 2 hours of performance coaching per week.
3. The program culminates in a public performance with professional audio demo recording.
4. All event production (venue, publicty, recording) costs included in the program’s tuition fees.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
This program is designed for any musical artist that has either completed their studies and is in transition toward the professional stage, or the young professional looking for an environment to develop repertoire in preparation for the stage.
Our program is ideal for:
- preparation for demo recording
- worshop new repertoire
- solo artists and ensembles
- vocal and instrumental
- role preparation (opera, musical theatre)
- concerto preparation
- competition preparation
- developing stage craft
COST: independent projects
Tuition costs start at $130/week
(full tuition determined by agreed upon number of hours of coaching per week)
Some Success Stories:
Artists that have enjoyed the service of this Artist Incubator Program have directly acheived:
- – Admittance (full performance scholarship – Graduate level) to McGill University, Conservatoire de Musique de Québec à Montréal, Unversité de Montréal, Royal Academy of Music (London, England), Britten-Pears School, Manhattan School of Music (New York, USA), Berkley School of Music (Boston, USA)
- – 1st Prize winner of the Classical Singer International Singing Competition (New York, New York)
- – Prize winners in competitions in Barcelona, Brataslava.
- – Engagements for concert, opera and musical theatre in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Chicago, New York, Sarasota, London, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Budapest, Prague, Bratislava, Burgos (Bulgaria), Brasov (Romania), as well as Festival Juste Pour Rire, Cirque du Soleil, Shaw Festival.