SINGING AS THEATRE | THE BODY SINGS
Two powerhouse workshops and masterclass series have joined forces to fuel the singer and collaborative pianist participants of this artistic residency in the stunning natural setting of La Roche d’Hys: Domaine des Arts, a farm estate that overlooks the rolling valleys in the Côte d’Or region of Bourgogne, France. This lyric “bootcamp” in a country retreat setting is designed for advanced/professional level singers and pianists that come with their own repertoire agenda and technical/performance development objectives. This may be for audition, recital, concert, operatic role and/or competition preparation, all of this under the guidance of our internationally recognized faculty.
APPLICATION & AUDITION DEADLINE:
4 SINGER & 1 PIANIST SPOTS STILL OPEN – APPLY NOW
LIVE auditions may be arranged by appointment in:
Toronto, Canada: October 26 – December 15, 2022
Morelia, Mexico: September 19 – 24, 2022
Mexico City, Mexico: September 26 – October 13, 2022
- This residency is open to world-wide application and is for advanced/professional level singers and for collaborative pianists.
- THERE IS NO AGE LIMIT – MATURE SINGERS WELCOME
- PARTICIPATION LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF 10 SINGERS & 3 COLLABORATIVE PIANISTS.
TUITION & ACCOMMODATION (14 DAYS): €1800.00
- Total course cost is €1000.00
- Accommodation and full board (3 meals per day) is €800.00 (€60/day)
NOTE: Participants are responsible for their own travel and arrangements to and from La Roche d’Hys.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested applicants should email their materials (C.V., bio, headshot) as well as a statement of intent outlining their particular study/performance objectives and proposed repertoire to be workshopped for this residency.
- AUDITION: If the candidate is unable to present a live audition, they may submit video links (YouTube, Vimeo) in their application email.
- Please send all inquiries and application materials to Mr. Stuart Graham at: firstname.lastname@example.org
PROCEDURES: (Once accepted to the program)
- Follow the instructions as outlined in your Letter of Acceptance.
- Submit your signed copy of registration agreement along with your TUITION DEPOSIT of €500 to secure your place in the program. (Important note: Deposit IS NON-REFUNDABLE after March 1, 2023).
- The remaining TUITION balance of €500 is due May 1, 2023.
- The €800 fee for 14 days accommodation and full board may be paid (in cash) upon your arrival at La Roche d’Hys on June 12, 2023.
- Notice must be given in writing.
- If notice is given on or before March 1, 2023, any deposit made will be refunded minus applicable bank fees.
- In the case of course cancellation, all deposits and monies paid towards tuition will be refunded minus applicable bank fees.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- 50 hours of individual coaching (vocal/musical/dramatic) and group masterclasses with each of our faculty members
- Daily physical warmup “Tuning the body”, emphasis on physical expression, engaging the body, breathing
- Each class day ends with a performance class
- Public concerts
- Professional Demo Recording (CD) is possible (for an additional fee paid directly to the recording engineer)
- A free day to explore the local history, medieval villages, castles, monasteries, Dijon OR just relax and enjoy the tranquility of the Côte d’Or.
- The food at La Roche d’Hys is spectacular and plentiful as is the wine!